Monday, September 15, 2014

A new chapter (or 7 months later)

Last night, I made a major change in my life.  I closed a chapter of my life.  Permanently.  It wasn't easy at first.  I was actually downright irate at a situation occurring 1,486 miles away from me.  After thinking about it and speaking with one of my best friends (and fellow blogger), Rubina Uzzaman, I was given a clarity of mind to realize that allowing myself to be upset was tantamount to giving them power over my life.  I finally took that power back.

Why am I telling you this?  In hopes that you may find some solace (and strength) in knowing that you're not the only one dealing with these issues.  And that if I can do this?  So can you.  After closing that chapter, which was ultimately as simple as saying the word "Goodbye", I felt like a gigantic weight was lifted from my soul.  I am happier.  The sky seems bluer.  My appetite has fully returned.  I feel like I am finally the master of my own destiny.  I spent many years allowing others to dictate my actions, thus altering my destiny.  At time, that dictation was done abusively.  No more.  And you don't have to allow it either.



I'm moving on.  Time to take the wheel and drive.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment